National Bank of Greece (Cyprus) Ltd (hereinafter referred to as ‘NBG Cyprus’ or ‘the Bank’) is fully committed to data protection and privacy. The following information outlines how the Bank collects and uses personal data on its website (‘the Website’).
Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679 of the European Union is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’) who, in turn, is defined as one who can be distinguished by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person.
NBG Cyprus employs physical, technical, and organisational security measures to ensure the protection of your personal data while at rest, in use, or in transit, against accidental or intentional modification, disclosure, destruction, loss, misuse or access by unauthorised individuals.
NBG Cyprus ensures that the confidentiality of the personal data collected and processed via its website is treated with the utmost discretion. The Bank implements the ‘least privilege’ principle to limit access to personal data and the ‘need to know’ principle to grant such access only when it is required for legitimate purposes.
The Bank will not disclose your personal data to third parties without your express consent unless this is required by law, owing to a court decision or in connection with legal or criminal proceedings following an attack on the Bank’s infrastructure.
In cases where the Bank appoints third parties to process personal data, they must also undertake to comply with the relevant data protection principles of the GDPR.
Data collection, processing and use
NBG Cyprus collects, stores, and uses the data transmitted to this Website, automatically or upon your approval, through the means described below. It is noted, however, that the Bank does not generally require you to provide any personal data when you access its website.
The Website utilises contact forms through which you can communicate with the Bank and request information or submit a comment, opinion, or complaint. Any personal information (name, telephone number, email, etc.) you provide via these contact forms is collected, stored, and used only for the purposes it was provided, specifically to fulfill your request and reach back to you. This information will be retained by the Bank for a maximum of two years.
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your device via your web browser and, depending on their type and nature, can be used to remember specific information about you or your device, and record any kind of activity you may engage in on a particular website.
This Website has been designed to utilise as less web cookies as possible and only uses session and persistent cookies for the following purposes:
- Session cookies: these are used by the website to establish and manage each unique session of a visitor and create an easier, more secure, and more efficient browsing experience. This type of cookie is anonymous, temporary and is deleted when you leave the website or close your web browser.
- Persistent cookies: these are stored on your device for a period of time, after which they expire. The only persistent cookies utilised by the Website are analytic cookies which collect information concerning its traffic, for statistical purposes. These cookies will be stored on your device for a maximum period of one year. As with session cookies, the information collected by analytic cookies is purely anonymous and cannot be used or combined to personally identify you.
The vast majority of web browsers are configured, by default, to accept the above cookies automatically, without the need of the user’s explicit consent. Nevertheless, you are provided with the option to modify this configuration and choose whether you want to accept or reject the cookies of this, or any other, website.
Please note, however, that rejecting certain types of cookies will presumably have a negative impact on your browsing experience and may render certain functionalities of websites inoperable.
For more information and guidance on web cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Links to third party websites
Protection of minors
Persons under 18 years of age should not transmit any personal data to us without the consent of their parents or legal guardians. We do not request personal data from children or young people. We do not knowingly collect such data or disclose them to third parties.
We hereby refer explicitly to the relevant conditions contained in our disclaimer/exclusion of liability, which is included on the Bank’s Website (www.nbg.com.cy ).
Rights you are entitled to as a Data Subject
As per the GDPR, and under certain terms and conditions, you have the following rights as far as the processing of your personal data is concerned:
- to access and request a copy of your personal data,
- to request the rectification of your personal data which is inaccurate or incomplete,
- to request the erasure of your personal data,
- to restrict to the processing of your personal data,
- to object to the processing of your personal data,
- to withdraw the consent that you have given to the Bank with regard to the processing of your personal data at any time.
For more information on how to exercise the above rights and the terms and conditions which they are governed by, please contact the Bank’s Data Protection Officer via:
|Post:||National Bank of Greece (Cyprus)
15 Arch. Makarios III Avenue
|Telephone:||+ 357 22 840000|
|Fax:||+ 357 22 840010|