With the new MASTERCARD DEBIT card you can purchase goods or services in an expanded network of businesses around the world. At the same time, it offers you additional privileges and services, such as contactless transactions, online purchases and cash withdrawals.
MASTERCARD DEBIT, with Chip & Pin integrated technology, enables you to trade safely and easily using your personal PIN code. At the same time, contactless transaction technology allows you to safely trade any amount without entering the card, but by keeping it in front of the terminal. Especially for amounts up to €50, the PIN is not required to type.
Personal debit electronic card used for:
- transactions in millions of businesses with physical or electronic outlets with the Mastercard badge worldwide by charging the linked card account up to the equivalent of the daily card limit while providing convenience, security and speed in all your transactions
- cash withdrawals with up to the equivalent of the daily transaction limit of the card, on a round-the-clock basis, via NBG’s and other banks’ ATM network in Cyprus and abroad
- additional transactions, such as balance enquiries and change of PIN via the NBG ATM network in Cyprus and abroad
- online purchases in thousands of online stores bearing the Mastercard brand as well as at verified e-shops participating in the Safe@Web transaction security service in order to make more secure transactions remotely to certified merchants.
- Contactless transactions in simple steps and absolute security
Using contactless transaction technology, NBG’s Mastercard Debit provides additional convenience and speed in all your purchases at merchants equipped with the special terminals displaying the contactless logo.
- Hold the card for a few seconds in front of the terminal.
- For transactions up to 50 euro, the transaction is completed without entering the PIN(*),
- For transactions more than 50 euro, enter the PIN of the card, if requested.
- When you hear the sound (beep), your transaction will be completed.
(*) For your safety you may be asked to enter the PIN for transactions equal or less than €50.